Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with hot or cold baked ham, sausages of any kind. Also use as a glaze when baking ham or corned beef.
- 1 cup mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in the container of a blender or processor fitted with steel blade.
- Process for one minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula and process for 30 seconds longer.
- Keep in a well-sealed container and allow to stand overnight before using to develop flavour.
Spread on a thick slab of 7 grain bread with a nice big slab of ham, this made a nice change from honey mustard. Then had some this morning on an english muffin topped with a sausage patty and a bit of scrambled egg and that was great, too. I'm hoping soon to use it in a pork chop marinade that normally uses honey mustard, too; I think it will work well.