Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my mother in law. They are a great snack, and the best when they're warm.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream vanilla, brown sugar and butter.
- Add egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Fill each cup of a muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes.
These were excellent. I did add a teaspoon of cinnamon, and I accidentally used half water and half milk, but they still turned out great. I think nuts would have been a nice addition. I might try pecans next time.
Yummy muffins - what a treat. I didn't embellish them with a topping. They're nicely sweet, with great crunch going on around the edges, and not a terrible calorie-count. Thanks for a winner!
I made these just like the recipe called for then added a crumb topping of brown sugar, oatmeal, butter and cinnamon, then topped with finely chopped pecans to bring them over the top, which it did!