Recipe by Vino Girl
These have Wheaties cereal in them, but I think any bran flake-type cereal would work. From Taste of Home (April/May 2001).
Top Review by Jezski
A very good tasting muffin. I had been looking for a recipe for muffins made with bran flakes. These are much better than my old recipe, although they are a little more work since the butter and sugar must be creamed. Lots of dirty bowls too! That's OK, the dishwasher doesn't care how many dishes it has to do! Thanks, kburie.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup wheat flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line muffin cups with paper cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in cereal.
- Combine milk and vanilla in a small dish.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling on a wire rack.