Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent for Christmas gifts.
Make and share this Brown Sugar, Molasses, Nut Cookies (Christmas) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups molasses
- 2 cups shortening or 2 cups lard, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup ground aniseed
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking soda, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- powdered sugar, to ice
- decorative candies (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, shortening, molasses, and eggs until smooth.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients, beating well.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to handle (2 1/2 hours to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough (small amounts at a time) on well-floured surface until 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake until golden brown (10-15 minutes).
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Decorate with colored candies.