Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cooking for one is often an adventure. Either you make the full recipe and eat the same dish for days, or you end up making sandwiches and eat them standing over the sink. :( Freezing leftovers would seem to be the obvious answer, but sometimes one needs an old-fashioned comfort food meal that doesn't need to be defrosted! This recipe serves 2, or serves 1 with planned-overs for the next day's lunch.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup saltine, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Beat the egg, add milk, cracker crumbs, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Place mixture into 2 miniature loaf pans, (or shape into 2 small loaves and place in a shallow baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.)
- 2. Combine the catsup, brown sugar and Worcestrershire sauce; spread over the loaves.
- 3. Bake 350 degrees, 35-40 minutes, drain.