Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from a recipe by tangastar at allrecipes.com.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan. Stir 2 tsp worcestershire sauce into the ketchup and spread over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. Invert onto a serving plate before slicing.
This is a super meatloaf!! I was never a huge fan of meatloaf but now I am a convert because of this recipe!!! The flavors are fabulous and inverting the topping keeps it nice and saucy instead of that gelatenous yuck on other meatloaves!!!! I love the hint of ginger in with the traditional tastes of meatloaf!!!! This is totally moist too, especially wonderful being that it's ground turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used Ian's brand whole wheat panko bread crumbs and 2% milk instead of skim. This was perfectly cooked in the hour, a perfect 180 degrees and moist!! Served this with recipe#70065 and it was a fabulous meal! Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe!!!