Recipe by The Foodgitive
I have decided to showcase a dish using marshmallows and sweet potatoes, creating a sweet and savory side dish or lunch item, sure to warm your heart and body.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- salt & pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 8 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 48 mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. With a fork, poke potatoes in several places.
- Wrap in square foil on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes- being sure not to rip foil when wrapping.
- Tuck foil under to the sides of each potato- being careful not to burn yourself.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato- reaching ¾ of the way down the potato.
- Slowly push together the ends to create an opening.
- Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to each potato.
- Add 2 tsp sugar to each potato.
- Sprinkle 12 marshmallows on each potato.
- Set oven to High broil and put under broiler for a 4 minutes, making sure to move pan inside the oven at 1 minute intervals.
- The marshmallows should be light brown in color.