Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies have the most wonderful flavor. Not to sweat. They are great with coffee or ice cream.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, Chopped fine
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and finally the nuts together.
- Using sheets of wax paper drop about a cup and 1/2 of the cookie mixture onto the paper and roll into logs, sealing the cookie dough inside the wax paper.
- Place in Refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Unwrap the wax paper and slice about 1/4 inch thick slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Store in any cookie jar.