Recipe by -Patrish
This is to die for.
Top Review by kellychris
So smooth and SO creamy.WAY BETTER than store bought. And the flavor was awesome-not too much "stuff" in it and it still tasted wonderful. I used this recipe to show my daughter that homemade is SOOO much better than store bought (in MY opinion)and this helped prove it to her. She agrees now. THANK YOU!!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks and sugar till thick.
- In another saucepan, bring cream and half and half just to a boil over medium heat. Gradually whisk the hot cream into the egg mixture in a thin stream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 6 minutes). Do not boil!
- Strain into a bowl; add vanilla and let cool to room temperature
- Cover and refrigerate over-night.
- Pour into freezer and follow directions for your freezer.