Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came from Bon Appetit magazine. What makes it unique is that the sweet potatoes are cut into small cubes and almonds and mini marshmallows are sprinkled on the top.
- 4 lbs red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2⁄3 cup golden brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange potatoes in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine sugar, butter and spices in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally - about 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°F Top potatoes with marshmallows and nuts. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows begin to melt and nuts begin to brown, about 3 minutes.