Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe features smoky bacon, oniony shallots and a touch of brown sugar.
Make and share this Brown-Sugar-Glazed Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g green beans, trimmed
- 4 slice bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 158.51 ml shallot, sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 t dried thyme)
- 29.58 ml packed light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add beans, cook just until tender but still bright green, 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and thyme; cook until shallots are tender and bacon is crisp, 3 minutes.
- Stir in sugar; cook until golden, 2 minutes.
- Add beans; toss well.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
I did the recipe for 4 servings. I omitted the shallot. I used dried thyme. I used Splenda brown sugar. I really loved the taste of the beans with the bacon. Even DS loved them. Thanks Lainey. Made for 123 hit wonders
These are delicious. We all loved them. I followed the ingredients but we didn't have any shallots so ledt them out. Made for Photo Tag.