This recipe features smoky bacon, oniony shallots and a touch of brown sugar.
Make and share this Brown-Sugar-Glazed Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add beans, cook just until tender but still bright green, 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and thyme; cook until shallots are tender and bacon is crisp, 3 minutes.
- Stir in sugar; cook until golden, 2 minutes.
- Add beans; toss well.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in salt and pepper.