- 453.59 g medium carrot, peeled
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 22.18 ml dark brown sugar or 22.18 ml light brown sugar
- 158.51 ml apple juice
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut carrots diagonally into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Cook in boiling water to cover with 1/2 teaspoons salt for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add onion and cook, stirring constantly 5 minutes.
- Add apple juice and brown sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.