Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Everyday Food (Oct, 07) Can't wait to try it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch lengths, halved or quartered if thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- In a large skillet, place carrots, butter, sugar, rosemary and 1 1/4 c water;season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- (If water evaporates before carrots are tender, add 1/4 c more).
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Mizoblivious, this has a superb combination of flavors, but I adore rosemary. The directions are clear, i always have the ingredients on hand. And the cook can work on something else while it is simmering. Thanks for sharing.