Recipe by the accidental glutton
From Eating Well Magazine: "Sweet glaze on beets or other root vegetables helps to balance their earthy flavor. This easy recipe will work with steamed carrots, turnips or rutabaga too."
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups steamed cubed beets, 1/2- to 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, orange juice, butter, salt and pepper in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar and butter are melted and starting to bubble.
- Stir in beets and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and the beets are coated with glaze, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.