Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gives the ham a nice shiny glaze and a little sweetness that brings out the taste of the ham.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Glaze for Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup finely packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Combine 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoons dry or prepared mustard, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional), 3 tablespoons vinegar and 3 tablespoons water.
- Mix well and spread on ham, before putting it into oven.
Quick and delicious... everyone wanted to dip their ham pieces into the pan. I did wish it was thicker like another reviewer... I guess no matter how thick it is, it will all drip down into the pan while baking. Next time I will baste the glaze over the ham 2 or three times during baking. I will definitely make it again!
Really good. Wish it were thicker, so next time will add corn starch or more flour, but just a touch.
wow! this is the best glaze for ham Ihave tried. I was looking for something close to the glaze that is used on the honey baked ham company's ham. this is it! I did tweak a bit but not far from the receipe. try adding 1/2 tablespoon honey, the added sheen to the finished product is amazing. thank you