Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
good over apple cake or spice cakes..
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place 3 ingredients into a medium pan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat.stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat -- add vanilla.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Mix 2 minutes with electric mixer.Cool 10 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar -- mix until well combined.
Awesome recipe! It reminds me of what my grandma used to make. I put it on yellow cake. It disappeared.
What a wonderful recipe! We also made a caramel sauce with it by not adding the powdered sugar.
grandma2969, this is an excellent frosting. I had this at a friend's house. She made a vanilla cake, frosted it with Brown Sugar Frosting and served it fresh sliced peaches. This recipe is in my permanent recipe collection. Thank you for sharing a frosting recipe that is great on virtually any cake.