Recipe by Heather N.
Good enough to eat! This sugar scrub recipe is great for buffing, polishing and exfoliating your dry skin. I love to use this right after I shave or before I apply any self-tanners. Exfoliating properly before applying self-tanners will extend the life of your "tan".
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, combined with either
- sunflower oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E (2-3 broken vitamin E capsules also work)
- 2 -4 drops essential oils, for fragrance (i.e. almond, vanilla, honeysuckle, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl.
- Spoon into jar that has a lid (a lid is necessary for proper storage).
- This recipe makes approx 6.5 ounces.
- The oils will settle on the top, like salad dressing! Be sure to stir before use.
- Apply directly to skin, rub gently.
- Works very well on legs, feet, knees, elbows.
- NOT recommended for face because of the oil content.
- Rinse with warm water to remove excess oil from skin.
- If your scrub lasts long enough, I use mine all the time, it may eventually become dry. Just add more oil.
- Caution: tub or shower may get slippery from the oils so be careful when standing up and/or exiting your shower/bath!