Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Growing up my these were my favorite cookies that my mother would make for us. They are great.
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix first four ingredents together well.
- Add dry ingredents mix well.
- Cover and Chill for one hour.
- Roll into small balls or drop by spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 400 oven for 8-10 minutes.
A very nice cookie. My grandmother loved them, I thought they were okay.I had trouble with the dough becoming warm, then the cookies became runny. So make sure you keep the dough chilled.
Great cookies. They were so simple and easy to make. I did use the buttermilk for mine because I love to cook with buttermilk. This recipe makes a lot of cookies, so I just use the drop method and they turned out just fine. Will definately make these again. Thanks for the great recipe. Great for bake sales because they are fairly cheap to make.