Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe my Mom always made and I loved it.I have added a few of my own touches and it is still so AMAZING... Slocooker/Crock Pot it as much of the day you can for best results. Size of Roll varies, purchase as you would a Roast Beef for your family. Crock Pot does all the work, you just dress it up.
- 1 sweet pickled cottage roll
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Remove Roll from packaging , rinse under cold water.
- Place fatty side up in Crock Pot.
- Pour Ginger Ale to cover roll.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Melt butter/margarine.
- Add Brown Sugar/Hoisen Sauce/Mustard.
- Whisk together, (You want it like a glaze) set aside.
- When Roll is done, remove from Crock and place in roasting pan, If you have any leftover G/Ale pour into roaster,otherwise use from Crock to cover bottom of pan.
- Using a brush, cover complete Cottage Roll, with mixture, (save some to brown top) place into oven @ about 325 degrees for 45 mins -- Remove from oven -- brush on remaining mixture, put back in oven on broil, turning to get all sides.
- Remove when done to your desire, cut netting, and enjoy -- Great with Mashed Potatoes or Scalloped Potatoes -- .