Top Review by SaraFish
Perfect! Flavorful and easy to handle. It rolled like a dream. The cookies are lightly golden brown and crisp with a nice vanilla flavor. This is the recipe we used for our Christmas cookies this year and everyone loved them. Thanks!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together: butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
- Stir in flour mixture, then add enough of the remaining 1 cup flour to make the dough stiff enough to roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out on a lightly floured cutting board to 1/8" thickness.
- Use floured cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes.