Recipe by Chocolatl
A simple recipe my husband got from a coworker many years ago. Prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
These are delicious,Pat!!! I'm so glad that KK's site has these events, otherwise I may never had even known these were here! I'm finding so many recipes that are so good! I'm making these for the holidays, and freezing them to be ahead of the game! Made for KK's cookie event in one of her forums!
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until light and flutty.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in nuts.
- Separate dough into four parts.
- Roll each part into a cylinder about 1 1/4" thick.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, unwrap, and slice on a slight diagonal.
- Place about 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on edges.
- Cool on wire racks.