1/1 Photo of Brown Sugar Cookies
A simple recipe my husband got from a coworker many years ago. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and brown sugar together until light and flutty.
- 2Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- 3Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 5Blend in nuts.
- 6Separate dough into four parts.
- 7Roll each part into a cylinder about 1 1/4" thick.
- 8Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10Remove dough from refrigerator, unwrap, and slice on a slight diagonal.
- 11Place about 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 12Bake at for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on edges.
- 13Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 83.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g