Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy, sweet, cinnamon-y drop cookie.
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir. Gradually add dry mixture to creamed mixture and blend until well-mixed. Stir in nuts.
- Drop by tsp onto greased baking sheets about 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookie edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool about 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Easy and delicious! These turned out great. I love brown sugar so I knew I'd love these cookies! Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe!
Cookies without butter/margarine/oil! Yeah! They were easy to make and the batch gave me 44 cookies. Used raisins instead of nuts. I put parchment paper on the baking sheet and the cookies stuck a bit to the paper but were not hard to get off. If baking on a "naked" sheet I would recommend buttering the sheet. Took them to work and let my colleagues be the "judges". Their comments: chewy, nice taste from the spices, that a cookie without fat can be so good, can I have the recipe. They also all agreed on four stars. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC, Autumn 2008.