Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe comes from "A Collection Of The Very Finest Recipes Ever Assembled Into One Cookbook". From 1979. These are amazing cookies. I love sugar cookies, and was skeptical when I saw this recipe, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, and just let me say, they are WONDERFUL. *NOTE*: Use fork tines dipped in brown sugar to form. It leaves a nice light "crust" if you will on top.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Oh..these are a wonderful tasting sugar cookie. I've made regular sugar cookies b/f, but never just by adding brown sugar. What a great concept. I love the added cinnamon too. :-) So moist and chewy. The family doesn't like crunchy cookies and so this were perfect!~
- 236.59 ml shortening (we use margarine)
- 473.18 ml light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml water
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 828.06 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs, water and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix well.
- We take little balls of dough and mash down with fork; or you can roll it out and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350°.
- A vanilla or caramel icing is good; or sprinkle brown sugar or coconut on top before baking.