Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from "A Collection Of The Very Finest Recipes Ever Assembled Into One Cookbook". From 1979. These are amazing cookies. I love sugar cookies, and was skeptical when I saw this recipe, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, and just let me say, they are WONDERFUL. *NOTE*: Use fork tines dipped in brown sugar to form. It leaves a nice light "crust" if you will on top.
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs, water and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix well.
- We take little balls of dough and mash down with fork; or you can roll it out and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350°.
- A vanilla or caramel icing is good; or sprinkle brown sugar or coconut on top before baking.
Oh..these are a wonderful tasting sugar cookie. I've made regular sugar cookies b/f, but never just by adding brown sugar. What a great concept. I love the added cinnamon too. :-) So moist and chewy. The family doesn't like crunchy cookies and so this were perfect!~
wow i am hooked i truly love this cookies thank u for shearing i am at home mom to so easy and so good i will never make a plane sugar cookie again thank u i don't<br/> like sugar cookies i love this one
These cookies turned out wonderful. My family liked them. They said the cookies reminded them of snickerdoodles, but different. :) Not sure what that means-- but I liked the cake texture of them. I will make again-- maybe I will throw in some chocolate chips next time.