1/3 Photos of Brown Sugar Cookies
This recipe comes from "A Collection Of The Very Finest Recipes Ever Assembled Into One Cookbook". From 1979. These are amazing cookies. I love sugar cookies, and was skeptical when I saw this recipe, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, and just let me say, they are WONDERFUL. *NOTE*: Use fork tines dipped in brown sugar to form. It leaves a nice light "crust" if you will on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs, water and vanilla.
- 2Sift dry ingredients and mix well.
- 3We take little balls of dough and mash down with fork; or you can roll it out and cut with cookie cutter.
- 4Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350°.
- 5A vanilla or caramel icing is good; or sprinkle brown sugar or coconut on top before baking.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 127.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g