This recipe comes from "A Collection Of The Very Finest Recipes Ever Assembled Into One Cookbook". From 1979. These are amazing cookies. I love sugar cookies, and was skeptical when I saw this recipe, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, and just let me say, they are WONDERFUL. *NOTE*: Use fork tines dipped in brown sugar to form. It leaves a nice light "crust" if you will on top.
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs, water and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix well.
- We take little balls of dough and mash down with fork; or you can roll it out and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350°.
- A vanilla or caramel icing is good; or sprinkle brown sugar or coconut on top before baking.