Recipe by CoffeeMom
I got this from the crisco website a few years ago. I make them for a local fundraiser every year and they always go right away.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream shortening, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.