Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Sift flour and baking soda together set aside.
- Cream together margarine and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream and milk.
- Add flour mixture and mix until all combined.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mixed together crumb topping.
- sprinkle top of cake with topping.
- bake at 350 deg oven for 30- 35 minutes.
We enjoyed this cake, it was better the next day, flavour seemed more distinctive. Will make again.
It was alright. I added a little vanilla to the cake and a little cinnamon to the topping otherwise it would have no flavor at all. I would probably use this as a base for other recipes in the future since it has no taste on its own. I topped one piece with yogurt, another with cream cheese looking for something to make it less dry and more tasty.
I made this for breakfast this morning with a few additions. I divided the cake mix once it was mixed up. I put half in the pan, then added a can of apple pie filling and some crushed walnuts on top of that, then the rest of the pie filling. Also I added more nuts in with the crumb topping. We LOVED it! Thanks!