Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It only takes one word to describe these: amazing.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine oats, flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs well.
- Melt the butter and add the brown sugar and vanilla.
- Then mix the butter, 1 cup of milk, oil, and eggs into the oat mixture.
- Spoon into greased or sprayed muffin tins and bake 18-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk until it forms a glaze.
- Add more milk little by little if needed to get best consistency.
- When the muffins are baked and cooled, drizzle the glaze over top.
I was looking for a simple muffin recipe that included ingredients I already had around the house for breakfast and this one was it! These muffins were delicious! Especially if you're a fan of cinnamon and brown sugar flavored desserts. The only thing I changed was adding vanilla to the glaze recipe so it was less of a sugar paste. The muffins didn't take too long to bake and were moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside.