Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This smooth and creamy ice cream made with brown sugar and cinnamon is a delicious treat on its own or as an a la mode accompaniment to your favorite cinnamon-spiced dessert.
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, mix at low speed until all ingredients are incorporated. Then increase the speed a bit and mix until frothy.
- Into your ice cream machine's frozen churning tub, pour the mixture and churn for 15-18 minutes (or per your ice cream machine model's instructions) or until mixture resembles soft-serve ice cream.
- Using a rubber spatula, quickly turn ice cream into a freezer container. I prefer to use a rectangular, wide container and pour the mixture in 2 inches thick because the ice cream freezes more quickly this way. Freeze for 2-4 hours or until frozen solid or to your preferred consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!