From A Return to Family Picnis by Russell Cronkhite. Wooden skewers should be 10 inches long.
Make and share this Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Bacon Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Lay strips of bacon flat and rub with half the sugar mixture.
- Turn strips over and repeat with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Wrap each piece of bacon tightly around a skewer.
- Transfer to the broiler pan (do not use a cookie sheet, it will not work).
- Bake until crisp and a lovely brown, about 20-25 minutes. No oven temp was given in the book but I'd say @350 until golden.
- Transfer bacon to a wire rack.
- These can be served warm or at room temperature. Arrange in a napkin-lined basket for a nice presentation.