Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From A Return to Family Picnis by Russell Cronkhite. Wooden skewers should be 10 inches long.
Top Review by FolkDiva
These were a HUGE hit served as a fun appetizer for Father's Day dinner!!! The 1 lb package of bacon I purchased was thick sliced, so it only made 12 skewers and I cooked at 350 for almost a full hour. Couldn't ask for simpler and everyone loved these sweet, savory pre-dinner snacks!! They were fantastic warm and just as good after they had cooled to room temperature. Will definitely be keeping this recipe in my permanent 'party/get-together' rotation!! Thank you for a wonderful post! Made for Photo Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Lay strips of bacon flat and rub with half the sugar mixture.
- Turn strips over and repeat with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Wrap each piece of bacon tightly around a skewer.
- Transfer to the broiler pan (do not use a cookie sheet, it will not work).
- Bake until crisp and a lovely brown, about 20-25 minutes. No oven temp was given in the book but I'd say @350 until golden.
- Transfer bacon to a wire rack.
- These can be served warm or at room temperature. Arrange in a napkin-lined basket for a nice presentation.