1/1 Photo of Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Bacon Skewers
Julie B's Hive's Note:
From A Return to Family Picnis by Russell Cronkhite. Wooden skewers should be 10 inches long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- 2Lay strips of bacon flat and rub with half the sugar mixture.
- 3Turn strips over and repeat with the remaining sugar mixture.
- 4Wrap each piece of bacon tightly around a skewer.
- 5Transfer to the broiler pan (do not use a cookie sheet, it will not work).
- 6Bake until crisp and a lovely brown, about 20-25 minutes. No oven temp was given in the book but I'd say @350 until golden.
- 7Transfer bacon to a wire rack.
- 8These can be served warm or at room temperature. Arrange in a napkin-lined basket for a nice presentation.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Bacon Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g