1 hr 25 mins
This is truly awesome! It is moist, and the flavors of the coffee and chocolate come through ever so sweetly! Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2007 edition. Haven't allowed for cooling periods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup unsalted margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups golden brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1PREPARE THE CAKE:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325Â°F
- 3Butter 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 4Spray pan generously with nonstick spray.
- 5Dust pan lightly with flour.
- 6Mix chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons flour in medium bowl.
- 7Sift remaining flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt into another medium bowl.
- 8Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 9Beat in vanilla extract and maple extract.
- 10Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 11Mix in flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 12Fold in chocolate chip mixture.
- 13Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 14Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan, about 1 hour.
- 15Cool cake in pan on rack 30 minutes.
- 16Invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- 17PREPARE THE GLAZE:.
- 18Combine powdered sugar, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons cream, and espresso powder in medium bowl.
- 19Whisk until smooth, adding more cream by 1/2 teaspoonfuls if glaze is too thick to drizzle.
- 20Spoon glaze decoratively over top of cake; let stand at room temperature until glaze is firm, about 1 hour.
- 21*Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome and let stand at room temperature.
- 22GOOD TO KNOW:.
- 23Mixing the chocolate chips with a little flour before adding them to the batter helps the chips stay evenly suspended in the batter and evenly distributed throughout the baked cake (otherwise, they may sink to the bottom).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar/ Chocolate Chip Pound Cake/Maple-Espresso Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.0
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 444.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 46.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g