Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Probably the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER. Soft, chewy, and everything you could ask for in a Chocolate Chip cookie. The absolute favorite in my house.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients until just combines.
- Using a spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- This is an optional step -- I usually make the cookie dough a day ahead of time, and leave it in the fridge overnight. I think it helps make the cookies more chewy, which is how I like them! Then when I take them out the next day to bake, sometimes I'll form the balls of dough, and roll them in chopped pecans before putting them in the oven. But these are both totally optional! The cookies are amazing either way!
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes. BUT WATCH THEM! A lot of ovens will cook them too fast on the outside, and not enough on the inside. At my boyfriend's house I will bake them at 400 for about 4-5 minutes, then lower the temp to 350 for 4-5 more minutes.
- Let sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!