Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this from the Weight Watchers message boards, thought I would put this in to check nutritional info. Although I've never made it the reviews by others have been positive.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown ground beef and onion in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Stir brown sugar and mustard into meat.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cover, cook on high for 2 hours. If convenient, stir several times during cooking.
I cut the brown sugar down to 1/4 cup because The recipe seemed too sweet in my opinion, I also added a tsp. of chipotle pepper to add some smoky heat. It was pretty good and very easy to put together for a quick supper. I topped it with some chopped fresh onions and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese . Served it with Tortilla chips on the side.
Excellent Chili!!! I won a chili cookoff with this recipe and some minor modifications.
An absolute homerun