Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
uses tons of fresh apples, a taste of fall
Make and share this Brown Sugar Caramel Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml apples, peeled and chopped small
- 118.29 ml oil
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml flour (i use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 73.94 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- whisk oil, applesauce and sugars together until smooth. whisk in eggs.
- add apples and vanilla, stir to combine.
- sift dry ingredients and stir until moist- it will be VERY thick, add walnuts.
- spread into a greased 13x9 in pan.
- bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- heat butter, sugar and cream until boiling, simmer whisking 4-5 minutes.
- stir in vanilla and pour over hot cake.
- serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
So delicious !! I could have eaten the lot myself as I am such a sucker for caramel. I only had half the amount of apples needed so used a cup of carrot and it has worked so well !! YUM !!