Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Brown sugar candy recipe
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- walnuts (optional)
- Cook sugar and milk until it forms a soft ball in cold water (soft ball stage).
- Beat in butter add vanilla and nuts if using.
- Beat until it starts looking dull and pour into buttered dish or pan.
- Score and cut after a few minutes.
Thank you for this recipe. When I was a small child my Mother would take me to a mexican restaurant in Houston, Tx and in the chip basket under the chips they would have this candy wraped in wax paper, I loved that candy. I will make it tomorrow and submit again. Once again thank you.
This reminds me what my Mom used to make when I was a child. Note, you can cool this down faster with a ice bath and cut into square and put in freezer. I know this because my Mom used to try to get these made and in the fridge. Before my sister and I got home! She did not always like to share. These are good!