Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add in sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed just until blended after each addition.
- In another bowl, stir together buttermilk and baking soda.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed after each addition just until blended; stir in vanilla.
- Spray five 5 ¾ x 3 ¼ inch disposable foil loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into pans (about 1 cup batter per pan).
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 50-55 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Wonderful! This is the answer to having small snack breads in the freezer to serve anytime! I made 4 small loaves as the recipe stated plus a larger cake pan that was not as deep. This is so easy! I have made this recipe twice. I wanted to see if the loaves were as moist as just baked when in the freezer! They were! The second time I have to use 1/2 Cup butter and 1/2 cup margarine. I also used vinegar in sweet milk. The taste was as delicious as the first time. I know you can utilize sour milk also. Thanks for posting. This is a keeper