Recipe by Ann Byassee
My mom passed this recipe along to me. It is easy to make and has been a big hit at home and at the office. I get frequent requests for the recipe. It is very moist and delicious and makes a good breakfast cake as well as a dessert. Increase nuts by another 1/3 cup if you like nuts!
Top Review by Smile1968
Ok, I keep forgetting to rate this cake, so I figured it was about time as I have made it numerous times. I pretty much always use dark brown sugar in all my recipes ( I love the taste). I am not a fan of pecans, so I use walnuts. I love to chop up the walnuts and toast them before adding them to a recipe. I also like to add cinnamon to the batter. When I make this cake I sprinkle the sugar on the greased pan and then add some toasted walnuts. I then pour half the batter in the bottom and sprinkle a little more brown sugar, some cinnamon and some of the toasted walnuts. I then pour the remaining batter over the walnut filling. This cake is just AWESOME! Super moist and delicious! Great for dessert or a great breakfast cake. Thanks for the super recipe :)
I have to update - I make this cake all the time, different flavors and different spice. I have made it with german chocolate cake and chocolate chips and I even make it with a strusel layer in the middle. I made it just recently with a yellow cake mix and pumpkin flavored pudding~AWESOME! Try it any which way and you will love it!!!!!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 10-inch bundt pan well and sprinkle pan with granulated sugar (even if using non-stick pan).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and water in large bowl and beat on medium speed until well mixed, about 4 minutes.
- (Shorten to 2-3 minutes if using stand mixer).
- Add brown sugar and pecans and mix to combine well.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Place bundt pan on wire rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto rack and slip pan off cake.
- Let cool on rack.
- Can be stored covered at room temperature.