Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really yummy, especially if you eat them slightly warm. Chocolate chips are a nice add in, but I like them plain just as well. I have been making these for close to 30 years.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml soft butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F Spray/grease an 8 by 8" pan.
- Combine flour with other dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl with wooden sppon or electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg,& vanilla till smooth.
- Stir in dry mixture till well blended& spread into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or till surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
I accidentally read the directions wrong and put in two eggs instead of one. this made more of a brown sugar bread. It wasn't as sweet as I was expecting so I only thought it was alright, but my shop though that they were great and a nice breakfast type treat.
Judy: I made these today - my teens l o v e d them. I added mini choc.chips on top before baking - a keeper ... thanks !!!
Judy I added a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking. These are very good, especially while still warm from the oven. The texture and the addition of the chocolate chips reminded me more of chocolate chip pan cookies or bar cookies rather than a brownie. But whatever you call them, dh and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I love how easy they were to pepare. Thanks for sharing!!