Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
These are really yummy, especially if you eat them slightly warm. Chocolate chips are a nice add in, but I like them plain just as well. I have been making these for close to 30 years.
Top Review by bbp
I accidentally read the directions wrong and put in two eggs instead of one. this made more of a brown sugar bread. It wasn't as sweet as I was expecting so I only thought it was alright, but my shop though that they were great and a nice breakfast type treat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F Spray/grease an 8 by 8" pan.
- Combine flour with other dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl with wooden sppon or electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg,& vanilla till smooth.
- Stir in dry mixture till well blended& spread into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or till surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into bars while still warm.