Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I clipped this from our local paper today and knew I had to post it as I also know my history with clipped recipes. I tend to lose those the fastest. I am anxious to try these as they sound really good.
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan. In large bowl beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in chocolate, then flour. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars.
These are wonderful brownies and so simple to make. I found this on the back of a Domino Sugar brown sugar package and knew I had to try them. The brown sugar gives them a really good flavor. I often double the recipe because they don't last long in my house. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! I found this in my paper too, and wanted to post it, but you beat me to it, Cindi! Anyway, I made this for my husband to take to work. He reported that they were delicious, not overly sweet, so a coworker of his who is borderline diabetic was able to eat one. I would make these again. Thanks for posting!