Recipe by Darla Emerson
My DH loves bread pudding and got this recipe from work and wanted me to try it. We love cinnamon so I doubled the cinnamon and decreased the nutmeg. The 9x13" pan made it really thin, the next time I'm going to see if it will fit in an 8x8" pan for a deeper finished recipe. Taste was great!
Top Review by daggle
This was soo good and I did skinny it up by subbing egg beaters and Fat Free milk for the regular eggs and milk. The whole family loved it. This is my first try at bread pudding and will do it again and again. Made for the Photo Swap #7. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 4 cups bread, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan over low heat, melt butter with brown sugar for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients except bread. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine butter and sugar mixture with egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Spray 9x13" pan and cover the bottom with the torn bread.
- Pour mixture over the bread.
- Stir together to make sure all the bread is covered.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly brown.
- Serve warm. Best if cooled at least 30min.