Recipe by Kathy in Fla
I have had this recipe for a pretty good while, not sure where I got it. Sounds yummy.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and 1 tablespoon butter, add egg.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add flour which has been sifted, measured, and sifted with baking powder and salt.
- Pour into well-oiled loaf pan and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Bake in hot oven (435 F) 25 minutes.