Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this yummy-smelling, safe and natural body scrub. This is best used in the bath so you can soak for a while after using. Fresh aloe vera, straight out of the garden, is best for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons ground oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (olive oil or avocado oil is fine too) or 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil (olive oil or avocado oil is fine too)
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
- Use to slough off dead skin cells while bathing.
WOW! This comes out heavenly! What great ingredients. It's easy to just dump everything into a blender or food processor, too. I made it for my mother's birthday - and will let you know what she thinks.
I love trying new things for the skin as mine is particularly sensitive. I find in the summer time my legs can look like aligator skin if I don't watch my skin carefully. I quite loved this mixture. All the ingredients in this mixutre absolutely love the skin. Do watch that the oatmeal is finely grounded though. I also keep handy a fine foot paddle (the one you get at the Body Shop) to help sloth off dead skin. The only downfall is that you get a messy bath....but oh well, the things we have to do for good skin!!!