Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
we love it..just the thing to serve with some homemade potato salad..in the summer
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
- Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in pan.
- Place onion slices on top and dot with butter or margarine.
- Blend remainging ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Bake, covered at 350* for 2 hours.
- uncover and bake an additional 15 minute.
YUM! I did add alittle more of brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce to the sauce cause I thought it had to much flavor of the ketchup and a dash of white vinegar. I added small amounts of butter to each chicken piece (I used boneless chicken breast fillets). The flavor of the onion on each piece of chicken, sure set the BBQ sauce off, I was surpised :) Turned out nice and moist too. Thanks for sharing your recipe.