1/1 Photo of Brown Sugar Barbecue Meatloaf
1 hr 20 mins
This is a different twist on an old standby. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker (about 18)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the barbecue sauce over the sugar.
- 3In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the barbecue sauce.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 5Let stand for 15 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a serving platter.
- 6*Note* You must use very lean ground beef in this or it will be greasy.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Barbecue Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 602.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g