Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a different twist on an old standby. :)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker (about 18)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the barbecue sauce over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a serving platter.
- *Note* You must use very lean ground beef in this or it will be greasy.