Recipe by Tamaretta
A quick, tasty and simple sauce that will wow your guests! Recipe probably originated from TOH, but I tweaked it to fit our tastes. This is wonderful in the summertime when it is too hot to turn on the oven but you want something a little fancier than plain ice cream. PS - If I'm having a dinner party, I scoop the ice cream into dessert dishes the day before and keep in the freezer until needed.
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, toasted
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Over low heat, combine brown sugar, butter and milk until sugar is melted and not gritty.
- Add in vanilla, cinnamon, bananas. Cook for 1 min (or longer but we don't like the taste of cooked bananas.)
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Top individual servings of ice cream with sauce and sprinkle toasted pecans and coconut over top. Serve immediately.