Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Warm banana bread with lots of brown sugar; what's not to love?
Make and share this Brown Sugar Banana Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter, brown and white sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix milk and vanilla together.
- Add flour and milk mixtures alternately to the first mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a 10 inch well greased tube pan.
- Bake for one to one and a half hours.
- Cool completely.