Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, yummy, individual coffee cakes from Sunset magazine.
Make and share this Brown Sugar-Banana Coffee Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- To make streusel mixture, in a food processor or a bowl, whirl or mix 3/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut 1/4 cup cold butter into chunks and add to bowl; pulse mixture or cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside. (Note: to save time in the morning when you are making these, you could do the streusel up to a few days ahead, and store in a zipped baggy in the refrigerator).
- In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat remaining 1/4 cup butter and remaining 1 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until well blended. Beat in mashed bananas.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir into banana mixture. Gently fold in sour cream until well blended.
- Grease and flour muffin pans: either a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan, or 18 regular muffin cups.
- Divide batter equally among the 6 jumbo (1-cup capacity) or 18 regular (1/3-cup capacity) pans, filling each halfway. Sprinkle streusel evenly over tops of cakes (crumble the streusel first if it sticks together).
- Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until streusel is browned and a wooden skewer inserted into the center of a cake comes out with moist crumbs attached, 18 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in cups, then invert pan to remove. Serve warm or let cool completely.
I skipped the streusel as I've never been a big fan of it and instead topped them with a cinnamon/sugar mix. I made regular and mini muffins, the minis took 15 minutes and the regular took 20 minutes. Don't really taste enough banana in it for my liking, but still something different! They were nice and light and fluffy and much enjoyed by all
These were very yummy! So easy to make and made for a light and fluffy muffin. Thank you! Made for PRMR tag.