Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Another variation of stuffed Apples I received from the Apple Orchard. This one e tried today, and absolutely enjoyed them.
- Mix raisins and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Stand apples upright on bottom of slow cooker, and spoon raisin-brown sugar mixture into centers of apples, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon, and dot with butter.
- Add water along edge of slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3-5 hours, or on high 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, or until apples are tender, but not collapsing.
- Serve warm as is, or with ice cream, or frozen yogurt.
Made for the FYC Tag Game - I got a later start than planned, so opted to cook on High for 3 hrs which split the time range given. My apples were large, so I thought that would work well. I should have read Pat's review & started checking for doneness at 2 1/2 hours which she said was perfect -- My bad. I also took a sml shortcut by combining Prep Steps 1-3, mixing the cinnamon, butter & sugar together & then stuffing the center of the apples w/the mixture. My apples were over-cooked thru no fault of the recipe, but the taste & aroma were divine. I served them w/corn pudding & oven-roasted leg of lamb. Yummy meal, Doug. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
O'kay thought had a disaster on my hand, put it on for slow cook and went to check at 3 hour mark to find the crock pot/slow cooker had been turned off and obviously not long after I turned it on (suspected the DM went to make herself a cuppa a turned it off to access the kettle better but did not turn it on - she has dementia) but not all was lost as I just cranked it up to high and though I had planned dessert for 7.00pm we ate at 7.30pm and thoroughly enjoyed so 2 1/2 hours at high was perfect for us, though our apples (Royal Galas) were on the small/medium side.
Quick, easy and very tasty. This is the season for apples and this makes a great dessert.